INVESTMENT ADVISOR REPRESENTATIVE
Summary: Financial Services firm seeks a highly energized and confident individual who will thrive in a busy environment to serve as an Investment Advisor Representative. Candidate must be extremely professional in appearance and manner, willing to accept direction, quick to learn new things, and computer savvy. Superior phone and computer skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Additional duties may be assigned):
- Assist the Advisors with life insurance and long-term care insurance needs for clients including quotes, applications, and follow ups
- Reallocate variable annuity accounts periodically upon request from the Advisor or when new LSA models are issued or updated
- Maintain records for LSA models and Discretionary Agreement spreadsheet
- Attend client events
- Attend business meetings and trips with Advisors such as national conferences
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Advisor Assistant, discretionary agreement spreadsheet, sponsor company websites, SII Online, Advisor Console, database software for phone notes, phone logs, and events, Albridge, Pershing NetX 360, SII EOE, Wealth One Advisor Console, and Laser Apps.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in economics and financial services or at least five years of experience in different areas of the financial industry
- Five years hands on experience in banking, insurance products, and securities (investments)
Certificates and Licenses:
- FINRA series 6, 7, 63, and 65
- State life, health, and variable annuity license
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Ability to socialize with clients in the office and at events
- Time management skills
- Ability to change direction quickly
- Ability to proactively determine needs and actions
- Ability to work as a team member and alone
Benefits: PTO, 401(k) , Holiday Pay, Health Benefits
If you have someone in mind that would be an ideal candidate for this position, please contact us at 916.965.1879 or firstname.lastname@example.org